Mumbai Pune Expressway

I traveled through the Mumbai Pune Expressway many times in 2009-10. It was great to observe that we have such good roads in India. Otherwise, what we normally see across the length and breadth of this country are poorly constructed and maintained roads.

When I drove from Delhi to Dehradun and back in my car in the beginning 2009, I had noticed hectic road construction activity on the way. I hope to see better road next time I go on that route (I wish it’s similar to the Mumbai Pune Expressway).

I remember reading about the Golden Quadrilateral project started by the Vajpayee government (when BJP was in power earlier in this decade). For people who love driving, having more roads like Mumbai Pune Expressway will be a most welcome development. I am sure this would make roads across the nation a pleasure to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment