For a business organization with a clear vision of the future and long-term view of its revenue model, success comes but naturally. The key to this is constant focus on improvement and not merely on just doing things. It can be said, "to merely do is to survive, but to improve is to grow".
The dynamics of the business world make it difficult for any organization with success stories to relax for a very long time. Businesses must gear up and change and reinvent themselves constantly to keep up with the many changes which they have to live through.
Business world is currently undergoing massive transformation. From the boom times a few years ago to the challenging times of today, businesses have passed through varying circumstances. Agility is a key to survive and grow for any business, especially in these trying times.
Survival and Growth
Surviving is definitely the primary goal of a business. Then comes growing. However, with just a survival strategy, an organization will fail to survive. In fact, at times, growth strategies may actually result in survival but not result in any growth.
Constantly improving how they work and adopting business excellence strategies is now very important more than ever. Budgeting for growth strategies even in the times of downturn is key to survival.
It may probably be more apt to say, "to improve is to survive and grow, but to merely do is to inch closer towards failure".
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Doing is to Survive... but Improving is to Grow
If one were to imagine a temple as not just a place of worship but a place to relax and clam down one's mental faculties then the Baba ...
Here are some photographs from a recent family trip to Haridwar and Dehradun. These capture some of the religous sites of Hindus , touris...
Found these pictures painted by someone on a wall. It was actually a single wall painting but the pictures have been clicked and captured...
Most of those having a day job are a part of the rat race. Like a rat scurrying from one corner to another in search of food and safety,...
An earlier post titled Small Companies but Big Politics and Even Bigger Egos dwelt upon the types of creepy creatures in the top rung of ...
Many years ago, I visited couple of places in Kerala with some friends. That time I was in Bangalore (in these so many years Bangalore has ...
How To Remain Spiritual And More Importantly Sane While Driving On Indian Roads? Heck, Is That Even Possible?Driving on Indian Roads is tough, very tough! Tough in every manner one can think of - physical, mental and even spiritual. As per the ...
It is very important to know and also understand how things are going in your life at a given point in time. Clearly knowing and articula...
Quitting your job to become a full-time investor may look like a great and romantically appealing idea to many people. The key assumption...
Do You Constantly Feel Unsettled and Discontent with the Way Your Life Seems to be Just Drifting Along?Yes? You do constantly feel unsettled? Discontent perhaps? Think your life seems to be just drifting along? If you are going through all ...
- ► 2017 (19)
- ► 2016 (75)
- ► 2015 (41)
- ► 2013 (18)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (21)
- Handling Poor Performers
- Does Your Boss Need You?
- Supply Chain Management
- Strategic Management
- Return on Investment
- Organizational Change Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Corporate Governance
- Managing Money
- Savings and Investment
- Work Life Balance
- Managing Job and Career
- Planet People Profit
- Major Economic Trends in 2010
- Politics and World Affairs
- Visit to NDA Khadakwasla
- Zero Oil Chicken Dish
- Visit to Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary
- Combined Business and Pleasure Trip in Delhi
- Delayed Train Journey
- MG Road Phenomenon in India
- Religious Spots in India
- Touch and Go Trip to Chandigarh
- Exploring South India - in God's Own Country Keral...
- Visit to IITF 2009 at Pragati Maidan
- Visit to a Resort at Karla Near Lonavala in Mahara...
- Visit to a Sugar Factory Near Islampur in Maharash...
- Long Drive in NCR
- Visit to London in 2006
- Proud Indian
- Mumbai Pune Expressway
- Travel Luggage Packing Checklist
- Change, Accept or Quit
- Tagging Web Pages
- Can We Wipe Out Poverty from India?
- Monetization of Cricket
- Critic, Cynic, Doubter, Negative, Hardliner, Biase...
- From Manager to CEO
- Posting on My Blogs
- Buzzwords of the Corporate World
- Death of Human Sensitivity
- How to Make Changing City Easier
- Priorities for My Properties
- 2009 - Oh what a year it was
- How to Say I Don't Know Your Language
- Monetizing Web Properties
- The Performance Appraisal Ritual
- Designing My Web Properties
- Upgrading TikiWiki Module
- Hindi Movie Songs on Life and Philosophy
- Job Market and 'Sabzi' Market
- Entering Stock Market
- Unethical Credit Card Companies
- Job Search Sites in India
- A Really Bad Accident
- Regulatory Body for the Housing Sector
- Numerology Based Baby Name Selector
- Moving to My Own Domain
- Creating Personal Website, Blogs and Wikis
- Managing My Blogs
- Streamlining My Personal Website, Blogs and Wikis
- From "Made in Japan" to "Made in India"
- Understanding Life
- You Get Hired for Business Need not for Career Gro...
- Why an Employee Changes Job?
- Do You Stand a Chance to Become CEO?
- Progress Over Perfection
- Learning and Growing Professionally
- Individual Aspirations and Organizational Expectat...
- Frustrated, Impatient, Anxious and Uncomfortable
- Don't Try Too Hard
- Life is a Constant Struggle
- Health Before Wealth
- Behavior-based Interviews
- Feeling Down - Think 100 Years Later
- Fighting Sadness and Melancholy
- 3 Quick Tips on Health and Fitness
- Investing in Stock Market
- Saving Tax Under Section 80C
- Live Life As It Comes
- The Ultimate Goal of Life
- Managing Home Loan EMI
- Recession and Lay-offs
- Carbon Footprint
- Development or Greed?
- Road Safety and Us
- How Green Are You?
- Some Whys Behind Economic Recession of 2008
- Economic Recession of 2008
- Cash to Crash
- Culture of Excellence
- Need for Excellence
- Technology and Excellence
- Excellence in Governance
- Excellence - the Big Picture
- How to Quit Smoking for a Healthier You?
- Be Wise About Your Health
- Ayurveda and Health
- Self-Expression and Excellence
- ▼ December (133)